Developing a Turnaround Business Planis an ideal resource for managers currently facing a competitive crisis as well as those who wish to avert one and must set a turnaround plan in motion before the situation results in irreversible losses.
Whereas the book helps readers develop a sound turnaround plan, the focus of the book is on the actual process that contributes to the development and implementation of that plan. The book details how to identify the root causes that triggered the competitive crisis and how to initiate remedial actions before the turnaround plan begins. After reading this book, you will be able to:
- Develop a flexible and rapid response to competitive counter-moves
- Identify offensive and defensive strategies
- Use competitive intelligence to identify decisive points to concentrate resources
- Pinpoint the types of competitive campaigns that assure a successful turnaround
- Assess the required leadership traits for implementing competitive strategies
Covering 13 different types of competitive campaigns, the book describes how to initiate effective offensive and defensive plans to neutralize your competitors'' advantages. It also details how to develop counter-measures for the numerous factors that can bring a turnaround campaign to a standstill.
The book helps executives of small and mid-sized organizations, as well as managers of business units and product lines in larger firms, to activate change strategies and secure sustainable competitive advantages. Examples are provided about real company turnarounds, including Intel, Levi Strauss, Yahoo, J.C. Penney, Hewlett-Packard, Panasonic, Staples, Samsung, and Abercrombie & Fitch.