Network Management in Wired and Wireless Networksaddresses various open issues related to performance monitoring, performance management, and performance control. It covers the performance management aspects of broadband wired and wireless cellular networks in an integrated fashion, and highlights the role of performance management in assisting network control procedures to achieve the end objectives of high return on investment for the service provider and an acceptable QoS for the end user.
- Details of performance monitoring in broadband wired and wireless cellular networks, identifying various parameters that characterize network performance;
- The role of signaling networks in determining network performance, especially of GSM/GPRS cellular networks;
- Methods of performance optimization in broadband wired and wireless cellular networks;
- The role of management systems in network control at the packet, call, and network levels;
- Application of a monitoring system in facilitating congestion control of ATM/B-ISDN network; and
- Schemes of bandwidth allocation to optimize throughput and QoS.